Imparted with a lifelong passion for football, Windsor John has been part of the AFC for over 6 years and has been instrumental in delivering new visions and missions for the organisation. With a hand in the expansion of AFC’s major competitions, and all of them achieving new records in spectatorship, TV viewership, and fan engagement, the General Secretary is perfectly placed to give a masterclass in the opportunities ahead for football in the Middle East region.
Windsor John will take to the stage at the Leaders Sport Business Summit to discuss the how to best engage fans, how the league is adapting, and what the possibilities are in the region.
Aref Al Awani, General Secretary, Abu Dhabi Sports Council and partner of the Summit explained: ‘It’s an exciting time for the AFC as a league. Dato’ has been an influential figure in their success, so having him on stage, with the final of the major tournament imminent and so many opportunities for the region - will be fascinating.’
Windsor John joins a host of global senior executives who will address an audience of over 350 attendees from over 20 countries. Speakers include:
- Lord Sebastian Coe, President, IAAF
- Aarti Dabas, Head of Media Rights, International Cricket Council
- Keith Pelley, Chief Executive Officer, PGA European Tour
- Boutros Boutros, Divisional Senior Vice President, Emirates
- Paolo Bellino, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager, RCS Sport
- Keith Harris, Deputy Chairman, Everton FC
- David Tyler, Chief Operating Officer, DDMC Fortis
- Peter Silverstone, Commercial Director, Arsenal FC
If you are interested in attending The Sport Business Summit, Abu Dhabi, or for any more information, click here.